Spring V. Schofield
Dixon • Scholl • Carrillo • P.A.
Education and Honors
- University of New Mexico
Bachelor of Political Science
Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- University of New Mexico School of Law
Juris Doctor Degree
Graduated Cum Laude
Order of the Coif
2001 New Mexico Court of Appeals Advocacy Tournament Winner
2003 McLeod Trial Advocacy
- January 1, 2022 to present, Shareholder and Director Dixon•Scholl•Carrillo•P.A., Albuquerque, N.M
- April 2009 to Present | Attorney Dixon•Scholl•Carrillo•P.A. Albuquerque, N.M. (Hiatus from Nov. 2018 to Oct. 2020)
- October 2006 – April 2009 | Attorney Keleher & McLeod, P.A. Albuquerque, N.M.
- February 2003 – April 2006 | Attorney Hatch, Allen, & Shepherd, P.A. Albuquerque, N.M.
- Primary and secondary responsibility for the defense of professional malpractice claims representing a variety of licensed professionals including healthcare providers, healthcare facilities, attorneys, real estate brokers, architects, and engineers.
- Successfully tried cases in both state and federal courts and defended licensed professionals in administrative actions.
- During hiatus from Dixon•Scholl•Carrillo•P.A., pursuant to a federal grant, served as an Assistant District Attorney in the Second Judicial District Attorneys’ Office handling prosecutions arising out of a backlog of sexual assault examination kits. Served as first-chair for felony trials related to the same.
IV. REPORTED CASES
- Dickens v. Laurel Health Care, Ct. App. 06/18/09
- Corum v. Roswell Senior Living, Ct. App. 07/29/10
- NMREC v. Barger, Ct. Appt. 07/02/12
- Edwin Smith, LLC. v. Synergy Operating, LLC., S.Ct. 08/21/12
- Married; two children