James. C. Wilkey
Attorney, Shareholder, and Director
Dixon • Scholl • Carrillo • P.A.
Admitted to practice in U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, United States District Court for the District of New Mexico, and New Mexico Courts.
Education and Honors
- University of Idaho College of Law, Moscow, ID — Juris Doctor, May 2011
- Competitively selected for the McNicholl’s Moot Court Team; Dean’s List (Spring 2010, Fall 2010)
- Clinical experience while in law school includes preparation of briefing and appearing for oral argument before the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit in 2011 and successfully litigating a cancellation of removal case before the EOIR Immigration Court in 2010
- September, 2013 to present, Attorney, Shareholder, and Director, Dixon, Scholl & Bailey, P.A., Albuquerque, N.M.
- Professional malpractice, commercial litigation, and personal injury firm serving clients including CNA Global Specialty, Sotheby’s International Realty, Catlin, Inc., and The Bar Plan, in addition to individual Plaintiffs in the context of personal injury and wrongful death cases.
- August 2011 to August 2013, Associate Attorney, Guebert Bruckner P.C., Albuquerque, N.M.
- Insurance defense and personal injury firm serving clients including State Farm, Zurich North America, and Arch Insurance Group, in addition to individual Plaintiffs in the context of personal injury and wrongful death cases.
- State Bar of New Mexico (admitted 2011)
- Federal Bar of New Mexico (admitted 2011)
- Member, Editorial Board, Defense Lawyers Association
- Member, New Mexico Bar Association
- Member Albuquerque Bar Association
- Nat’l Roofing, Inc. v. Alstate Steel, Inc., 2016-NMCA-020, 366 P.3d 276
- March 2014 to Present, University of New Mexico School of Law, Instructor. Taking and Defending Depositions, CLE Program
- July 2009 to February 2011, Guardian Ad Litem, CASA, Second Judicial District, ID, WA
- Court appointed volunteer advocate representing the best interests of abandoned, abused, and/or neglected children. Performed investigation into a child’s history, facilitated communication between involved parties and service providers, and recommended permanent placement to the Court based on an independent evaluation of the child’s best interests.
- Married, May, 2010 (Tracy Peterson)
- Two children (Nora and Owen)
- Interests: running, ice hockey, and music production